Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Origin of Basketball

When I was in high school though, my vertical was terrible. It was around the mid 20s and it was a huge detriment to my game especially as I was already small at 5'8! After being overlooked by my coach, again, for the state school tournament, I decided I would not just go and watch everyone else play; I would dedicate myself to increasing my vertical and prove my coach wrong about dropping me.Seriously, that was quite a monatomic summer, but in the end it was worth it! I learned so much from what I saw and what they told me and I want to tell you a few tips here.

In a good basketball jump training routine, it is crucial to develop as many fast twitch muscle fibres as possible. This gives you increased jumping potential as you have more explosive power in your legs. To do this, you'll want to perform leg exercises such as squats and dead lifts, with low reps and heavy weight.If you are mainly using your legs to jump higher then it makes sense to build up and strengthen the muscles in your legs, in particular your fast twitch muscle fibres which gives you more explosion. To do this, you need to lift heavy weight and perform high intense workouts.You should perform plyometric exercises a few times a week on the days you are not strength training. Remember that repetition is a great way to increase you vertical because your muscle builds up memory thus moves more efficiently and easily.

He would subsequently move on to YMCA Training School in Springfield, Massachusetts and in 1891, the game of basketball began.
Given the cold Massachusetts winters, Naismith needed to find a recreational activity that could be played indoors and he preferred a sport that would develop skill and one that was not exclusively relying on strength. The first game was played with two peach baskets for goals and a soccer ball.Naismith was able to see his beloved sport of basketball, gain acceptance in numerous countries through the YMCA since 1893. As well, the sport of basketball was brought forth at the Berlin Olympics in 1936. As we speak, the game of basketball has become a very popular professional sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment